at the Crown Plaza, San Diego can be made by clicking on the following link: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/AdventistRiskManagement
- Conference and Union Officers
- Risk Managers
- HR Directors
- Benefit Coordinators
- Business Managers
- Property & Casualty Trends
- Effective Volunteer Selection Techniques
- Security Risk & Preparedness at Adventist Facilities
- Local Entities Placing the Conference at Risk
- Impact of Affordable Healthcare Act and the
- Future of the NAD Healthcare Plan
- Cyber Risks at Church Entities
- Crisis Communication
Elder Don Livesay, President
Lake Union Conference
The San Diego Airport (SAN) is approximately 6 miles from the Crowne Plaza Hotel. I urge you to browse your map program to get familiar with the area. Directions from SAN: http://www.cp-sandiego.com/directions
Here are a few details regarding ground transportation:
- Car Rentals-all major brands are available and all are off-site. Click on the following link for more information:http://san.org/sdia/transportation/car_rental.aspx
- Super Shuttle. Cost is approximately $15 per person. The shuttle will stop at several hotels in the area. Click on the following link for more information: http://www.supershuttle.com/
- Taxi: Taxis can be hired at the airport taxi stand. Most taxi rates will be $25 for the cab. Cab sharing is the least expensive way to the Crowne Plaza.
- Hotel Shuttle: The Crowne Plaza does not make runs to and from the airport.
Guest Activities and Area Attractions
There are many activities available for your pleasure while in San Diego. The most popular area attractions are accessible through Old Town Trolley Tours. The Old Town Trolley is different from the San Diego Trolley which is public transportation. The Old Town Trolley is a hop-on, hop-off trolley, with informative and entertaining narration. The Old Town Trolley is the best way to see the most San Diego has to offer. A must-see on the tour is the USS Midway, the most visited aircraft carrier in the world. Seaport Village is also a very popular stop on the Old Town Trolley Tours. Packages and trolley fare information is available on the following site: http://www.trolleytours.com/san-diego/
Old Town Trolley Tours start and end in Old Town San Diego. Free morning pickup and evening drop-offs are available at the bus stop in front of the Crowne Plaza Hotel. For a schedule of pick-up times check with hotel staff. The Crowne Plaza also provides free transportation to and from Old Town San Diego.
For those wishing to visit the San Diego Zoo or Sea World, the Crowne Plaza provides free shuttle service at the following times:
- Sea World: Departs Crowne Plaza lobby at 9:15a daily and picks up from Sea World at 6:00p.
- San Diego Zoo: Departs Crowne Plaza lobby at 8:15 daily and picks up from the Zoo at 3:00p.
For more information on Sea World and the Dan Diego Zoo click on the following Links:
Old Town San Diego is a must-see. San Diego is the oldest of all the cities in California and Old Town San Diego has a historic district open during the day and shops and a multitude of restaurants are open late. Click on the following link for more information on Old Town San Diego:
Please note: For all free Crowne Plaza shuttle trips, reservations must be made. Contact hotel staff for details.
For those wishing to enjoy the wonderful California beaches contact the Crowne Plaza lobby and bell staff for transportation arrangements.